Thursday 21 March 2019
Join us supporting Ignit10n, bring your friends and get involved in a range of sporting and non-sporting activities to raise money for Above & Beyond.
Campus Heart is joining forces with Ignit10n, an annual sporting event run by the Bristol Students’ Union Sports Network that raises money for the Bristol charity Above & Beyond. (Campus Heart is the name for the University’s development programme on Tyndall Avenue which aims to put you, the students, at the heart of campus).
Campus Heart Fest will be a fun day for students, staff and the local community. There will be lots going on around campus and in Royal Fort Gardens, including:
- Sport endurance tests: 10 hours of sporting challenges – slacklining, anyone? There will also be taster sports’ sessions including trampolining, women’s rugby, frisbee and korfball
- A PGR Bake Your Thesis Competition: Try the winning cakes
- Global Lounge Spring Pop-up: The newly-formed Global Lounge team will give you an opportunity to learn how the first day of spring (21 March) is celebrated in different cultures. Join them to create traditional Polish ‘Marzanna’ dolls and hear an update on the Lounge, which will run from next academic year
- Shaping Spaces, Making Places’: An interactive workshop about the new University Library and Public Art on campus. Library architects and a local artist will be on hand to help you visualise how your new communal spaces will look and how they can support and enhance your time and university
- Exhibitor stands representing Bristol Futures, Careers advice, Sustainability, an update on your new library and much more
- To sustain you: Sustainable goodies, Polish delicacies, home-grown mocktails, Friska Freebies and Innocent Smoothies
The Ignit10n sporting events will run from 8am – 6pm; non-sporting workshops and exhibitor stands in the Campus Heart Fest tent in Royal Fort Gardens will be held between 11am – 4pm. See the programme for the day below.
Workshops from 11am – 4pm
11am – 11:45am – PGR – Bake your Thesis competition: Visitors can try the winning cakes, which will be displayed in the Campus Heart Fest marquee.
12pm – 12:45pm – Global Lounge Spring Pop-up: The newly-formed Global Lounge team will give visitors the opportunity to learn how the first day of spring (21 March) is celebrated in different culture. Join them to create traditional Polish ‘Marzanna’ dolls and hear an update on the Lounge, which will run from next academic year.
1pm – 2:15pm – Science of Happiness – Artist and designer Naomi Edmonson will ask students to share their tips for what keeps, makes and builds happiness.
2:30pm – 4pm – Shaping Spaces, Making Places: An interactive workshop about the new University Library and the impact of Public Art on campus. Library architects and a local performance artist will be on hand to help you visualise how your new communal spaces will look and how they can support and enhance your time at University.
Exhibitors from 11:00am – 4:00pm
Contemporary Art Society: CAS will show a range of artistic approaches and forms that Public Art can take; there will be a for students to comment on what they would like art on campus to do. N.B. CAS will only present between 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
Bristol Futures: Promoting ways that students can engage with the City of Bristol and each other.
Careers: A series of activities for visitors including the creation of a wordcloud and a shoe box enterprise
Sustainability: Promoting reusable water bottles and competitions.
New University Library: Sharing information, keeping people up to date with latest plans for the inspirational new library and high quality study spaces